herSTART was recently launched by President of India, Draupadi Murmu.
- herSTART is an initiative implemented by the Gujarat University Startup and Entrepreneurship Council (GUSEC).
- It is supported by the state government of Gujarat, the Central Government and the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF).
- The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) recognized it as key driving initiative of the Gujarat Startup Ecosystem in the States Startup Rankings Framework Report of 2022.
- The purpose of herSTART is to aid women-led startups to scale up.
- It will connect women-led startups with private and government platforms.
- The newly launched platform will also help women entrepreneurs’ innovative ideas to take off.
- It provides free online resources and training modules to aspiring women entrepreneurs in addition to a digital community and digital publication showcasing their success stories.
- It includes the herSTART Incubator (a startup incubator focusing specifically on women entrepreneurs and innovators) as well as herSTART Accelerator (a round-the-year accelerator programme for high-impact women-led startups).
- The purpose of this initiative is to boost women-led innovation and startup ecosystem in the country.
- As part of herSTART, online and offline modes of engagements have been organized for over 15,000 women entrepreneurs.
- More than 2,000 women-led startups have been provided with capacity-building initiatives, with about 2,500 women entrepreneurs taking part in this initiative.
- Around 200 mature-stage women-led startups have been accelerated under the herSTART platform and more than 150 startups are being scaled.
- These initiatives have significantly eased women entrepreneurs’ journey towards success.
- Currently, there are 450 startup project operational in Gujarat University. Of these, 125 are led by women.
- During the launch event, President Murmu felicitated 10 women-led startups and entrepreneurs supported by the Gujarat University and herSTART.
- She also laid foundation stone and launched 11 education development projects worth Rs.164 crore.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|