Haryana Recovery of Damages to Property Act
Governor of Haryana, S N Arya, approved the Haryana Recovery of Damages to Property Bill. According to the bill (now act), any damage created to people’s shops, houses, vendor carts, government offices, buses, vehicles and other such public property will be recovered from protestors.
“Haryana Recovery of Damages to Property During Disturbance to Public Order Bill, 2021” was passed in March 2021, a move similar to Uttar Pradesh government which had passed the “Uttar Pradesh Recovery of Damages to Public and Private Property Act, 2020.
Key provisions of the act
- Recovery of damages to properties will be made by the person causing disturbances to public order by any assembly, lawful or unlawful such as riots and violent disorder.
- Act also ensures compensation to victims.
- Recovery will also be made from people, leaders, organisers etc leading the protest and involved in its planning.
- It will establish a Claims Tribunal to determine liability and to assess damages caused award.
- Any person aggrieved by award passed by Claims Tribunal can go to High Court of Punjab and Haryana. No civil court will have jurisdiction to entertain question related to claim compensation
Government of Haryana approved the act stating, it is responsibility of state government to protect any government or private property in state.
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2021
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|