Hariyali Mahotsav 2022
Hariyali Mahotsav is set to be organised on July 8, 2022. Event will be held by “Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change” at Talkatora Stadium, in New Delhi.
- Hariyali Mahotsav will be organised under “Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav”.
- It will be organised with the objective of raising awareness on significance of trees in sustaining the life of present generations as well as in secure the life of forthcoming generations.
- Trees are significant for tacking the unfavourable effects of climate change.
About Hariyali Mahotsav
- Hariyali Mahotsav is an effective tool of imprinting enthusiasm among masses for conserving forests and planting trees.
- The event complements the initiatives and policies led by government for environmental conservation.
- It is celebrated across India, to recognise the important role played by Forest or Greenery in bringing the ecological balance and providing several ecosystem services to the Earth.
Who is organising Hariyali Mahotsav 2022?
Hariyali Mahotsav 2020 will be organized by Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change in association with the State Governments, Police and Schools in Delhi to conduct plantation drives marking the occasions. To mark the event plantation drives will be held across India. In the plantation drive, 75 police stations, 75 Nagar Vans across India, 75 Schools in Delhi/NCR and 75 degraded plantation sites across India will get involved, in the honour of 75 years of Indian Independence.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2022
Category: Environment Current Affairs
Topics: 75th year of Indian Independence • Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav • Hariyali mahotsav • Hariyali Mahotsav 2022 • Ministry of Environment • Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change • Plantation Drive
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|