Guidelines for PM-CARES for Children scheme
Ministry of Women and Child Development issued a detailed guidelines for “PM CARES for Children Scheme” on October 7, 2021.
Guidelines were issued in the backdrop of announcement made by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on May 29, 2021 regarding a comprehensive support for children who lost both their parents amid the Covid-19 pandemic.
About PM CARES for Children Scheme
- PM CARES for Children Scheme has been launched with the objective of ensuring comprehensive care and protection of those children who lost their parent(s) due to the pandemic, in a sustained manner.
- Scheme would also enable their wellbeing by providing them health insurance, empower them by education and equip them with financial support for self-sufficient existence when they will reach 23 years of age.
- Scheme will provide support to these children through convergent approach and gap funding to ensure health, education, monthly stipend from the age of 18 years. They will also be given a lump sum amount of Rs. 10 lakhs, at the age of 23.
Eligible children are required to register themselves from May 29, 2021 to December 31, 2021 in order to avail benefits of the Scheme. Scheme will run till every identified beneficiary attains 23 years of age.
Entitlements under the scheme
- Support will be provided for Boarding and Lodging by arranging suitable rehabilitation of the child within extended family etc, or arranging foster care or placing them in gender appropriate Child Care Institution (CCI).
- Assistance will be given for Pre-school and School Education
- Child will be assisted to obtain education loan for Professional courses or Higher Education across India. If beneficiary is unable to avail interest exemption, then interest on this loan will be paid from PM CARES for Children Scheme.
- The lump sum amount will be transferred in post office account of beneficiaries directly.
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|