Govt to start Adarsh Gram Yojana in 36000 villages in India
According to the Union Tribal Affairs minister, Arjun Munda, Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana will be started in 36000 villages of India.
- Under the scheme, villages having 50 percent tribal population would be given priority.
- This scheme would be started by Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
- Around 1700 tribal villages in Assam will be converted into model village under the scheme.
- Apart from model villages, 184 new Van Dhan Kendra will also be set up in Assam in order to benefit 60 thousand people.
Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana (PMAGY)
PMAGY was launched with the aim of overall development of selected SC majority villages. The scheme seeks to provide the villages with all the necessary facilities in order to ensure that the disparity between SC and non-SC population is eliminated in terms of common socio-economic indicators.
How its performance is monitored?
Performance of the PMAGY is being monitored in terms of achievement of the targets that are listed in Village Development Plan (VDP) prepared for each village.
Who provides technical support?
Under this scheme, technical resource support is provided by the “National Institute of Rural Development & Panchayati Raj (NIRD&PR)” at the national level.
Criteria of being Adarsh Village
In order to be declared as Adarsh village, village should have achieved minimum of three targets below, within three years:
- Elimination of poverty and reduction in its incidence by 50% within three years.
- 100% enrolment and retention of children at elementary stage.
- Reduction of infant mortality rate and maternal mortality rate.
- Villages should be 100 % open defecation free.
- Access to safe drinking water facility on sustainable basis.
- 100% institutional deliveries for pregnant women
- Full immunisation of children
- All-weather road connectivity to the village
- 100% registration of deaths and births
- No child marriages and child labour
- No public consumption of liquor & intoxicating substances
- 100% allotment of Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awaas Yojana houses.
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|