Govind Prasad Sharma appointed as Chairman of NBT
Educationist and Author Govind Prasad Sharma has been appointed as the Chairman of National Book Trust (NBT).
Govind Prasad Sharma
Govind Prasad Sharma in his long carrier has served as the Principal of Government P.G. College in Madhya Pradesh, Additional Director of Higher Education of Gwalior Chambal Division, Director of Madhya Pradesh Hindi Granth Akademi and also as Vice Chairman of Madhya Pradesh Board of Secondary Education.
National Book Trust
National Book Trust (NBT) is an apex body established by the Government Of India in the Year 1957 under the Department Of Higher Education, Ministry Of Human Resource Development.
Objectives of NBT
- To produce and encourage the production of good literature in English, Hindi And Other Indian Languages.
- To make such literature available at moderate prices to the public.
- To bring out book catalogues.
- Arrange Book Fairs/Exhibitions and Seminars.
- Take all necessary steps to make the people book-minded.
To pursue these objectives NBT publishes:
- The Classical Literature of India.
- Outstanding works of Indian authors in Indian Languages and their translation from one Indian Language to another.
- Translation of outstanding books from foreign languages.
- Outstanding Books of Modern Knowledge for Popular Diffusion.
The major activities of NBT include publishing non- textbooks, organizing book fairs, book exhibitions, conducting literary events, activities for children, training in publishing throughout the country, participating in international book fairs to promote Indian literature.
Category: Persons in News
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|