Good Governance Week 2021
The Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances (DARPG), under Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions is celebrating ‘Good Governance Week 2021’ on December 20-25.
- The Good Governance Week is being organised in collaboration with Ministry of External Affairs and Ministry of Panchayati Raj & Rural Development.
- It is being celebrated as a part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- On the occasion, Good Governance Week Portal will be launched and a booklet on 2-year achievements of DARPG will be released.
- A film on “Prashasan Gaon Ki Aur” will also be screened.
Theme of the Week
The Good Governance Week is being organised under the theme- “Prashasan Gaon Ki Aur”.
Good Governance Week
- During the celebration of Good Governance Week, Nation-wide campaign to Redress the Public Grievances and to improve Service Delivery will also be held across all the Districts, States, and Union Territories in India.
- More than 700 Districts Collectors will take part in the campaign.
- They will visit Tehsil or Panchayat Samiti Headquarters for providing timely grievance redressal and improve service delivery.
Objective of the event
The Good Governance Week is being organised with the objective of translating the vision of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, for Next Generation Administrative Reforms during Amrit Kaal period in all the Districts and Tehsils across the country.
Progress of the event
Progress of the Good Governance Week will be monitored through a portal “www.pgportal.gov.in/ggw”. During the event, every District Collector will present one successful good governance practice from their respective district and one successfully redressed Public Grievance case on this portal. During the campaign, following events will be held:
- December 21st- Deliberation on “Good Governance Initiatives by Ministry of External Affairs”.
- December 22nd– Deliberations on “National Workshop on Next Phase of Reforms to reduce compliance burden and Integrated & effective Governance practices by DPIIT”.
- December 23rd– A workshop by department of Personnel & Training on the theme – “Mission Karmayogi-The Path Ahead”
- December 24th– Workshop by Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances on the theme- “Initiative for Increasing efficiency in Decision Making in Central Secretariat”.
- December 25th– “Good Governance Day” would be celebrated.
Category: Important Days & Events Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|