GoI: Consumer Expenditure Survey, 2017-18 not to be released due to quality issues
The Ministry of Statistics and Programme implementation said that it is not releasing Consumer Expenditure Survey due to quality issues. The next Consumer Expenditure Survey is to be conducted in 2020-21 and 2021-22.
According to the National Statistical Office (NSO) functioning under the Ministry, there was significant increase in the divergence in the consumption pattern. Also there were noticeable direction of change in the data as compared to the other administrative data sources like goods and services.
The Ministry is also looking ways to change the base year of the survey. Currently the base year of the survey is 2011-12. It is considering options to change the base year to 2017-18.
Consumer Expenditure Survey
- The survey is carried out by the NSO through out India on household consumption expenditure. The survey is conducted in quinquennial intervals. Previously the survey was conducted in 2011-12.
- The survey provides data on household Monthly Per Capita Consumer Expenditure (MPCE).
- It also provides information on distribution of households
- The survey generates estimates on persons over the MPCE classes.
- The survey is designed to generate information about expenditure on consumption of goods and services. It includes both and food and non-food products consumed in households.
- The data released by the survey are also used in determining macro-economic indicators and for rebasing of the GDP.
Category: Reports & Indexes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|