Global Cybersecurity Outlook 2022
The World Economic Forum recently published the Global Cyber security Outlook 2022.
- In 2021, the ransom ware attacks have increased by 151%. Each organization faced 270 cyber-attacks on an average.
- A successful organization that breached cyber-attacks spent 3.6 million USD.
- 59% of the cyber leaders believe that there is not difference between cyber resilience and cyber security. It is not so. Cyber security is providing protection to the computers, data storages and internet. Cyber resilience is anticipating and adapting to cyber-attacks. There is no anticipation component in cyber security. It is an overall protection. Cyber resilience knows its enemy. And cyber security doesn’t.
According to the report, the following two factors have the highest influence on cyber security
- Automation and machine learning: 48%
- Remote and hybrid work environment: 28%
The increase in cyber-crimes was mainly because of increase in global digital economy.
Data created in one minute
- Youtube upload: 500 hours
- Emails sent: 197 million
- Tinder swipes: 2 million
- Amount spent online: 1.6 million USD
- Twitch views: 2 million
- Netflix subscribers: 28,000
- Instagram stories shared: 695,000
- Linkedin connections made: 9,132
- Whatsapp messages sent: 69 million
- TikTok Downloads: 5,000
- 42% infrastructure is broken down by cyber-attacks. 24% cyber-attacks are identity thefts. 20% cyber-attacks are ransom ware attacks. 10% of personal assets are lost.
- 55% of the organizations in the world were affected by cyber-attacks in 2021.
Cyber security solutions
The following factors should be considered while creating cyber security solutions:
- Percentage of digital transformation made by an organization. A considerable amount greater than the transformation should be spent on cyber security.
- Third-party software attacks
- Malicious attacks
- Regulatory requirements
- Board direction
- Media attention
- Shift towards remote working
The organizations are lagging in the following areas:
- Prioritizing cyber security in business decisions
- Acquiring leadership support for cyber security
- Recruiting and retaining cyber security talents
Category: Reports & Indexes Current Affairs
Topics: Cyber Attack • cyber crimes • cyber resilience • Cybersecurity • email • Instagram • LinkedIn • Machine learning • Netflix • Ransomware • TikTok • tinder • WhatsApp • World Economic Forum (WEF) • YouTube
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|