FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup Schedule
India is set to play three group stage matches at Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar, Odisha as FIFA announced the schedule for U-17 Women’s World Cup.
- FIFA announced the schedule for U-17 world cup, in association with the Local Organising Committee (LOC).
- Official draw is scheduled to take place on June 24, 2022.
- Semi-finals will be hosted at Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Goa while final match will be played at DY Patil Stadium in Navi Mumbai.
- Quarterfinals will be held on October 21 and October 22.
- India will play three matches on October 11, 14 and 17.
- Final match will be played on October 30, 2022.
Group stage games
The 24 group stage games will conclude on October 18, 2022. Matches will be shared among all three host states namely Goa, Odisha, and Maharashtra. Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Fatorda and DY Patil Stadium in Navi Mumbai will share the four quarterfinal games.
FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup
It is an international association football tournament, organised for female players aged under 17. It is organized by Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA). It is held in even-numbered years. It was first played in 2008. Current champion is Spain, which won its first title at 2018 tournament held in Uruguay.
First tournament of FIFA women world cup
The first tournament of FIFA women world cup was held New Zealand in 2008. Matches were hosted by four cities, during the inaugural tournament namely North Shore City, Hamilton, Wellington and Christchurch. New Zealand won hosting rights and Chile received hosting honours for 2008 FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup. In 2020, the world cup was postponed due to covid-19 pandemic. 2020 tournament was scheduled to held in five venues in India. But in November 2020, FIFA cancelled the 2020 edition of the tournament.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2022
Category: Sports Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|