Experiential Learning for 21st Century Program
Experiential Learning for 21st Century Programme was recently launched for Eklavya Model Residential School (EMRS) Principals and Teachers, in virtual mode. It was launched by CBSE, Ministry of Tribal Affairs and ESTS in association with TATA trusts, TISS and MGIS.
- This program was launched by Asit Gopal, who happens to be Commissioner of National Education Society for Tribal Students (NESTS).
- He also launched the course-2 for EMRS teachers & teacher leaders.
- In first phase, this program was launched for 350 teachers from CBSE and Eklavya Model Residential Schools in Chhattisgarh, Karnataka, Tripura, Arunachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra.
- In the second phase, 300 teachers from EMRSs will be included for 8-week professional development training programme. Teachers will be selected from states including Gujarat, Telangana, Himachal Pradesh, and Uttarakhand apart from states included in first phase.
Experiential Learning for 21st Century Programme:
- It is as an online programme for teachers and principals, in which they are trained adapt classroom learning to real life experiences.
- Program was offered to all the selected teachers and principals, free of cost, from November 2021 till April 2022.
- Selected teachers were trained as “Teacher Leaders”, in a bid to adopt Experiential Learning Pedagogy across EMRS teaching fraternity in a phased manner.
- It is an 8-week program and covers 4 modules, which are supported with virtual webinars. During the webinars, teachers’ understandings are discussed and they are assisted along the course learnings.
- Webinars also provide further orientation on pedagogy, to focus on project mapping and lesson planning.
Eklavya Model Residential School:
Eklavya Model Residential School were started in 1997-98, to provide quality education to ST children across remote areas so that, they can profit from the opportunities in high and professional educational courses and get employed in different sectors.
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|