Electric Vehicle (EV) Policy launched in Delhi: Highlights
Delhi government has launched a new electric vehicle policy that aims to boost the economy, creating jobs and reduce air pollution in the national capital. The government is aiming for registration of 5 lakh new EVs in the state in the next five years.
What are the salient features of the EV Policy of Delhi?
The salient features of the EV Policy unveiled by Delhi Government are:
- The government will give a scrapping incentive under this policy. There will be incentive up to Rs 30000 for two-wheelers, autos and e-rickshaws. Also, an incentive of Rs 1.5 lakhs will be provided under this new policy for cars.
- There will be a dedicated cell for the Electric Vehicles to implement the EV policy. The government will send a ‘State Electric Vehicle Board’ under this policy.
- The government will also waive registration fee, road tax under electric vehicle policy.
- The loans for electric vehicles will be provided in a lower interest rate for commercial vehicles.
- Around 200 public charging stations will be opened in the national capital.
- The government plans to induct 35000 E-Vehicles in the government fleet.
- The state wants to have at least 25% e-vehicles by the year 2024, among all the vehicles in the national capital.
The policy is in line with the policy of the central government to have 30% e-vehicles in the country by the year 2030.
Category: States Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|