‘e-DAR’ (e-Detailed Accident Report) Portal- Update
The ‘e-DAR’ (e-Detailed Accident Report) portal has been developed by the Ministry of Roads, Transport and Highways (MoRTH) in consultation with the various insurance companies. This portal will help in providing instant information related to road accidents and will help in accelerating accident compensation claims.
- On this portal Digitalised Detailed Accident Reports (DAR) will be uploaded for easy access.
- This web portal will be connected to the Integrated Road Accident Database (iRAD).
- Applications to more than 90 per cent of the datasets would be pushed directly to the e-DAR from iRAD.
- Minimal information is required to be entered for the e-Dar forms by various stakeholders like the road authorities, police, hospitals, etc.
- e-DAR will be an extension and e-version of the iRAD.
- This portal will also be connected to other government portals like Vaahan and will also be able to access information on the registration of vehicles and driving licence details.
Checks that will be conducted by the e-DAR portal
Multiple checks will be conducted by this portal against various fake claims by conducting a search of vehicles that will be involved in the accident, the First Information Report number, and the date of the accident.
Other benefits that will be provided by the portal
The portal, for the benefit of the investigating officers, would also be providing geotagging of the accident spot along with the map of the site. This will help in notifying the investigating officer of their distance from the incident spot if the portal is accessed from any other location. Other details like videos and photos of the accident spot, injured victims, damaged vehicles, eye-witnesses, etc., will also be uploaded to the portal. Artificial Intelligence technology has been suggested to be used on this portal. The accident hotspots will also be identified so as to come up with necessary solutions to reduce accidents at these hotspots.
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|