DRDO- AICTE launch M. Tech. Program in Defence Technology
Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) have launched a regular MTech programme in Defence Technology.
- Tech programme was launched to impart necessary theoretical and experimental knowledge, skill & aptitude in the areas of defence technology.
- MTech in defence technology programme can be conducted at any AICTE affiliated institutes or universities, NITs, IITs or private engineering institutes.
- Institute of Defence Scientists and Technologists (IDST) will provide support to all these institutes to conducting the M. Tech programme.
- It will be conducted in online as well as offline formats.
- This programme will also help in achieving ‘Aatma Nirbhar Bharat’ vision of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Streams of M. Tech Programme
- Tech in Defence program has six specialized streams viz., Aero technology, Combat Technology, Communication System & Sensors, Naval Technology, Directed Energy Technology and High Energy Materials Technology. Students will be given opportunities to conduct their main thesis work in DRDO laboratories, Defence PSUs and Industries.
All-India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
AICTE is a statutory body and a national-level council for technical education. It works under Department of Higher Education. It was established in November 1945 as an advisory body. In 1987, it was given a statutory status by an Act of Parliament. It is responsible for proper planning and coordinated development of technical education and management education system across India. Its new headquarter is in Delhi on Nelson Mandela Road, Vasant Kunj. Its regional offices are located across Gurgaon, Kanpur, Chandigarh, Bhopal, Mumbai, Kolkata, Vadodara, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai and Thiruvananthapuram.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2021
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|