Digi Saksham programme – Key Facts
On September 30, 2021, Digi Saksham Programme was launched by the Union Labour and Employment Minister Bhupender Yadav.
- This digital skills programme was launched with the objective of enhance the employability of youth by improving their digital skills which has become an essential thing in increasingly technology driven era.
- Digi Saksham is a joint initiative of Microsoft India and Ministry of Labour and Employment.
- It is an extension of the government’s ongoing programmes of supporting youth from rural & semi-urban areas.
- Programme will be implemented in the field by “Aga Khan Rural Support Programme India (AKRSP-I)”.
Training to youth
Under the DigiSaksham initiative, free of cost training will be provided to more than 3 lakh youth, in digital skills including basic skills & advance computing, in the first year. This training programme can be accessed through the National Career Service (NCS) Portal. The initiative gives priority to the job-seekers from semi urban areas who belongs to disadvantaged communities as well as who have lost their jobs amidst ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
Types of Training
Digi Saksham initiative comprises of three types of training viz.,
- Digital Skills self-paced learning
- VILT mode training (virtual instructor led) and
- ILT mode training (instructor led)- ILT training is in person training and would be conducted for SCs & STs in India, at the Model Career Centres (MCCs) and National Career Service Centres (NCSC).
In what areas training would be provided?
Under the initiative, training would be provided in areas such as Java Script, Data Visualisation, Power Bi, Advance Excel, HTML, software development fundamentals, programming languages, introduction to coding etc.
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|