DefExpo 2022 – Update (October, 2022)
The 12th edition of the biennial DefExpo will be organized from October 18 to 22 in Gujarat.
- The theme for the DefExpo 2022 is ‘Path to Pride’, which is in line with the Indian Government’s vision towards Atmanirbhar Bharat.
- For the first time, only Indian exhibitioners are allowed in this event. However, foreign companies are invited to conduct seminars and meetings during the show, including the one in which they will be invited to invest in Indian startups and companies.
- The event will be held in Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar, involving live demonstrations showcasing the equipment and skills of the Armed Forces, Defence Public Sector Undertakings (DPSUs), and private entities.
- It will mark the celebration of one year of the formation of 7 new defence companies that have been carved out of the erstwhile Ordinance Factory Board (OFB). These companies will be taking part in the DefExpo for the first time.
- The Indian Pavilion – a marque pavilion of the Defence Production Department – will demonstrate the development of indigenous defence products, startups, latest technologies, including AI in defence.
- At the pavilion, around 50 Indian startups will demonstrate their products.
- For the first time, states and union territories will be setting up pavilions during the event.
- As part of the event, Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, and the DRDO will conduct live demonstration of the land, naval, and air procedures and systems at the Sabarmati River Front. The joint live demonstration will include combat freefall, Sarang helo aerobatics, high-speed boat runs, neutralizing adversary posts, and slithering from helo into a boat.
- The event will also include the hosting of the 2nd edition of the India-Africa Defence Dialogue, which will witness the participation of defence ministers of various African countries.
- A separate Indian Ocean Region (IOR) plus conclave will also be organized.
- The focus of DefExpo 2022 is to promote defence export to countries in Africa and IOR.
- During the event 451 agreements are expected to be inked, including MoUs, transfer of technology agreements, and product launch. These agreements are estimated to be worth over Rs. 1.5 lakh crore.
Category: Defence Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|