Dare to Erade TB Program for WGS TB Surveillance
The launch of the ‘Dare to Erade TB’ program on World TB Day 2022 was announced by Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh.
- This program will be based on the data available in India.
- Genome Sequencing Consortium for Whole Genome Sequencing (WGS) TB Surveillance’s formation was also announced.
- Bharati Pravin Pawar, MoS Health said that the Indian government has increased the capacities for the early identification as well as timely treatment of Tuberculosis cases in the country.
- The capacities across the nation have been increased through constant surveillance, usage of digital technology, and contact tracing that also helped the health workers.
- The well-performing district and states of the country were awarded by Mansukh Mandaviya, Union Health Minister, for improving the levels to eliminate Tuberculosis.
Tuberculosis is an infectious disease that mainly affects the infected person’s lungs. The tuberculosis-causing bacteria are spread from one individual to another through tiny droplets that are released into the air via sneezes and coughs.
Tuberculosis in India
One of India’s major public health problems is Tuberculosis. The World Health Organization (WHO) estimated that the largest tuberculosis epidemic in the world is in India. In 2020, India had accounted for 26 percent of all the TB-related cases around the planet. In the country, 192 cases of TB are found per 1,00,000 population.
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|