Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: March 19, 2023
Here are Today’s News Headlines by GK Today for March 19, 2023
- Kochi fire: National Green Tribunal directed Kochi Municipal Corporation to pay environmental compensation of Rs 100 crore.
- West Bengal government plans to appoint 600 young ‘gajamitras’ to protect elephants.
- Uttar Pradesh to include millets in midday meals in schools and public distribution system.
- Karnataka launches Mysuru Cluster Seed Fund (MCSF), Mysuru Global Technology Centre (MGTC) and Karnataka Accelerator Network (KAN) to promote start-ups.
- Parliamentary panel has recommended analysing the feasibility of variable speed limits on national highways in the country.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Bangladesh counterpart Sheikh Hasina virtually inaugurated the India-Bangladesh Friendship Pipeline.
ECONOMY & CORPORATE
- PM Gati Shakti programme: 156 critical infrastructure-gap projects identified.
- Union Finance Ministry has initiated the process to appoint a new Reserve Bank Deputy Governor in place of MK Jain.
- Government sets up centralised facility for voluntary closure of companies.
- UN confirms extension of Black Sea grain deal for exports from Ukraine.
- 400,000 gallons of radioactive water leaked from US nuclear power plant.
- Indian Higher Education Meet 2023 inaugurated in Dhaka.
- Tennis: India’s Rohan Bopanna and Matthew Ebden of Australia win Men’s Doubles title at Indian Wells Masters in California, US.
- Nikhat Zareen enters pre-quarterfinals in Women’s Boxing World Championships.
- Akshdeep Singh wins gold in men’s 20km Asian Race-Walking Championship.
Category: Today's News Headlines
Current Affairs MCQs PDF - February, 2023
Current Affairs Articles Compilation [PDF] - February, 2023
Current Affairs [PDF] - February 16-28, 2023
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|