Current Affairs- Today’s Headlines: March 17, 2023
Here are Today’s News Headlines by GK Today for March 17, 2023
- Two-day SCO Tourism Ministers’ meeting to begin at Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh.
- Defence acquisition proposals valued at ₹70,500 crores were cleared by Defence Acquisition Council (DAC).
- Union Ministry of Steel will sign MoUs with selected companies under the Production-linked Incentive (PLI) scheme for speciality steel
- 75 trucks were flagged off with TB awareness messages at the Partnership for Action against Tuberculosis (PAcT) event in New Delhi.
- Border Roads Organisation (BRO) opened the strategic Zojila Pass in record 68 days.
ECONOMY & CORPORATE
- RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das conferred with ‘Governor of the year’ Award at Central Banking Awards 2023
- RBI and Central Bank of UAE sign MoU to promote innovation in financial products and services.
- BIS grants 1,097 licences to domestic toy manufacturing units of which over 96 percent licences were granted to MSMEs.
- Sri Lankan economy suffered the worst ever contraction of 7.8% in 2022 as per data released by the Department of Census and Statistics.
- U.K. bans Chinese-owned video-sharing app TikTok on government phones over security grounds
- China’s Communist Party releases a plan on reforming government institutions.
- Poland to be first NATO member to give MiG-29 fighter jets to Ukraine.
- Japan and South Korea renew ties at Tokyo summit, overcoming a century of difficult ties.
- Technology Innovation Institute, Abudhabi, UAE has launched Falcon LLM, a large language model (LLM) with 40 billion parameters
- All England Open Badminton Championships: Indian Women’s Doubles pair of Treesa Jolly and Gayatri Gopichand enter quarterfinals
- Boxing: Nikhat Zareen, Sakshi Chaudhary, Preeti and Nupur Sheoran win opening bouts of World Women’s Championships.
Category: Today's News Headlines
Current Affairs MCQs PDF - February, 2023
Current Affairs Articles Compilation [PDF] - February, 2023
Current Affairs [PDF] - February 16-28, 2023
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|