Current Affairs : Awards November 18-24, 2009
November 18, 2009: India Power Award 2009
The following companies have received India Power award 2009.
- BSES Yamuna Power Limited (BYPL)
- Andhra Pradesh Power Generation Corporation Limited(APGENCO)
- Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam Ltd
- Power Grid Corporation of India Limited
- UTTAR GUJARAT VIJ COMPANY LTD
November 18, 2009: Dayawati modi award for art, culture and education : Mr Kent Walwin
Dayawati Modi Award for Art, Culture and Education’ for the year 2009 has been conferred to Mr Kent Walwin a renowned practitioner in international film business. The award is given by Dayawati Modi Foundation. The award comprising a cash prize of Rs. 2.51 lakhs, a silver shield and scroll of honour was presented to Kent Walwin to mark the 94th birth anniversary of Late Smt. Dayawati Modi.
November 19, 2009: Indira Priyadarshini Vriksha Mitra Awards
Indira Priyadarshini Vriksha Mitra (IPVM) are given away in recognition of the pioneering and innovative contribution made by the individuals and institutions in the field of afforestation/or wasteland development with activities like establishing decentralised nurseries; tree planting on wastelands/farm land; awareness- raising, motivations and extension work; involving the rural poor/ tribal / cooperatives in Afforestation and tree planting; setting up grass-roots level institutions like the Tree Growers Cooperative; and social fencing of community woodlots and pasture lands.
These Awards are given in 4 categories namely individuals including Government servants, Joint Forests Management Committee (JFMC), Institutions / organizations under Government ,and Non-Governmental Institutions /Organizations. A Cash prize of Rs 2.5 lakh, along with medallion and citation, is given for each category.
- 2006: individuals including Government servants : U Veerakumar from Tamilnadu
- 2006 : Institutions / Organization under Government: Social Forestry Division, Junagarh
- 2006 : Non Government Institution/ Organisation: The Jalgrahan Institution, Sattu vill. Bhojato ka Oda, Dungarpur,Rajasthan
- 2007: Individuals including Government servants : B B Limbasiya
- 2007: Institution / Organization under Government category : Department of Forests and Department of Education, Government of Kerala, Thiruananthpuram.
- 2007: Joint Forests Management Committee : The village Forests Protection and Management Committee, Paliakhera , Rajasthan
November 20, 2009: National Best Krishi Vigyan Kendra Award: Krishi Vigyan Kendra of Goa gets national award
The Krishi Vigyan Kendra, attached to ICAR Research Complex for Goa has bagged the prestigious National Best Krishi Vigyan Kendra Award for the year 2008 for its outstanding contribution in the field of Extension Education based on its work for past five years.
November 21, 2009: Priyadarshini Awards : Sushma Seth, Shehnaz Hussain
Sushma Seth and Shehnaz Hussain have been honoured with Priyadarshini Awards for being flagbearers of the women empowerment movement.
November 21, 2009: Sanskriti Awards 2009.
Sanskriti Pratishthan conducts the Sanskriti Awards for Journalism, Literature, Art, Theatre & Social Achievement. Following are the five people who have won this award this year. Each award carries a cash prize of Rs 50, 000 and a citation and young people with outstanding achievements in these categories are given these awards.
- Ashok Pawar for Literature (Marathi),
- Teresa Rehman for Journalism, (She works for tehelka)
- Tejal Shah for Art,
- Jyothish M G for Theatre
- Bahar Dutt for Social Achievement.
November 24, 2009: Tech Museum Award : Akshaya Patra Foundation
Tech Museum award which is beoing run by US institution The Tech Museum has been conferred upon Akshaya Patra Foundation the NGO run school meal programme that feeds over one million government school children in different states. Akshaya Patra is an NGO run by ISKCON.
Topics: Akshaya Patra Foundation • Communal forests of India • Countries • Current Affairs 2009 • Dayawati Modi • India • Indira Priyadarshini Vrikshamitra Awards • Krishi Vigyan Kendra • Ministry of Environment and Forests • Sanskriti Museums • Social forestry in India
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|