Bangladesh to launch ‘Jogajog’ as an alternative to Facebook
Bangladesh is going to launch its own social media platform named ‘Jogajog’ which is an alternative to the globally popular Facebook and ‘Alapon’ which will be an alternative of WhatsApp.
- Zunaid Ahmed Palak, Bangladesh’ State Minister for Information and Communication Technology made this announcement on 24th
- This was announced by him during the inauguration of the Entrepreneurship Masterclass Series 2 which is organised by Women e-Commerce.
- Through the Jogajog app the country’s entrepreneurs will be able to create their own versions of online marketplace and groups for data, information and communication
- The minister said that the country’s digital e-commerce policy of 2018 has the aim to create more than 20 lakh jobs in the Information and Communication Technology sector by the year 2021.
- It is being expected that the BPO, e-commerce, software and hardware sectors will be able to achieve the country’s target of creating more than 20 lakh jobs by the year 2021.
- Improving the Information and Communication Technology will not only improve the job sector of the country but it will also be possible to earn 5 billion USD in the form of export revenue by the year 2025.
Other Apps launched
Boithok app which is an alternative to Zoom online and Surokkha App which is used for the purpose of vaccine registration.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2021
Category: International Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|