Assam: Unique Land Parcel Identification Number
On 11th March Union minister of rural development and Panchayati raj, Giriraj Singh launched Unique Land Parcel Identification Number (ULPIN) in Assam.
- Unique Land Parcel Identification Number (ULIPN) project was launched in Assam on a pilot basis.
- Under this project, every land parcel in Assam will have a 14-digit alphanumeric geospatial unique identification number (UIN). Thus, ULPIN will act as an “adhaar for land”.
- The first step in this process is the survey of non-cadastral villages and a re-survey of all cadastral villages.
- The next step is end-to-end integration of digitalized land records and maps, which will pave the way for the generation of ULPIN for the land parcel.
- ULPIN project will pave the way towards the implementation of conclusive titling and will help in the quick resolution of the land disputes in the state.
About Mission Basundhara
- ‘Mission Basundhara’ is a mission launched by the government of Assam to streamline and make land revenue services accessible to all, thereby promoting ease of doing business environment in the land management ecosystem of Assam. ‘Mission Basundhara’ aims to reduce the pendency in the updation of the land records.
- The three components of ‘Mission Basundhara’ are:
- Purification of the land records in the state in a mission mode.
- Conducting Polygon survey of yet to be surveyed 672 non-cadastral villages.
- Conducting a Re-survey of 18789 cadastral villages using the hybrid methodology.
- ULPIN project is part of the Digital India Land Records Modernization Programme (DILRMP).
- DILRMP was launched in 2008 by the Government of India. It was earlier known as the National Land Record Modernization Programme (NLRMP). The objective of DILRMP is to digitize and modernize the land records and to develop a centralized land record management system in India.
- The three important components of DILRMP are:
- Computerization of the land records.
- Conducting a survey or resurvey of the land.
- Computerization of the land registration.
The ultimate aim of the DILRMP is to move towards the conclusive titling system with title guarantee by replacing the present presumptive title system in India.
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|