20 soldiers martyred in Galwan area of Ladakh
According to the Indian army 20 soldiers martyred in violent clashes with Chinese troops in Galwan area of Ladakh region, The Indian Army has said that it is firmly committed to protecting the territorial integrity and sovereignty of the nation.
- In a statement, the Army said, Indian and Chinese troops have disengaged at the Galwan area where they had earlier clashed on Monday night.
- Seventeen Indian troops who were critically injured in the line of duty at the standoff location and exposed to sub-zero temperatures in the high altitude terrain have succumbed to their injuries.
- The fight increased with reinforcements from both sides and it continued up to late at night.
- Many Indian soldiers went missing during the fight. later on, both Indian and Chinese top military officials rushed for a meeting to defuse the tensions.
- Earlier, during the de-escalation process, one officer and two soldiers were martyred, taking the total that were killed in action to 20.
- The Army said that the troops have disengaged in the area where the clashes took place on the night of June 15 and June 16, 2020.
Defense minister Rajnath Singh briefed Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the issue. the defense minister asked service chiefs to explain the current situation in Galwan Valley and what can be done.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2020
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|