11th Agricultural Census 2021-22
11th Agriculture Census 2021-22 was launched by Union Minister Narendra Singh Tomar on July 28, 2022. It was launched to gather data on several parameters, including operational holdings. This year, data will be collected via smartphones and tablets for the first time.
Key facts to know about Agricultural Census 2021-22:
- The fieldwork for the 11th Census will start in August 2022.
- Agriculture Census is conducted after every 5 years.
- 11th Agricultural Census 2021-22 is being undertaken in 2022, due to covid-19 pandemic.
- Main focus of the census is on increasing income of the farmers and empowering them by organizing small farmers.
Agriculture Census in India:
- Agriculture Census Scheme is being undertaken by Agriculture Ministry since 1970-71. For this, 1970-71 was taken as reference year.
- So far, ten Agriculture Censuses have been conducted. Last edition of Agriculture census was conducted in 2015-16.
- Under this exercise, centre government provides funds to states to do entire work.
Agriculture Census is being conducted in India, on the basis of guidelines of decennial World Census of Agriculture (WCA) that has formulated by Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of United Nations. In the census, operational holding is considered as statistical unit at micro-level to collect data. Periodic Agriculture Census provides information regarding the basic characteristics of operational holdings like cropping pattern, land-use, tenancy, irrigation status, and dispersal of holdings etc. The Agriculture Census Scheme was converted to Central Sector Scheme, from a Centrally-Sponsored Scheme, in 2007-08. Thus, central government provides 100 percent financial assistance to States or UTs for payment of salaries, honoraria, office expenses, and printing of schedules, etc.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2022
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|