Page-3 of Current Affairs Quiz – September, 2022
1. What is the rank of India in the UNDP’s Human Development Index 2021? [A] 121[B] 125[C] 129[D] 132 Show Answer Correct Answer: D  Notes:India ranked 132nd among 191 countries and territories in the 2021 Human Development Index (HDI). As per a report by the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), decline in the country’s ..
1. ‘Ni-kshay 2.0 portal’, which was launched recently, is associated with which disease? [A] Cancer[B] Tuberculosis[C] COVID-19[D] Anaemia Show Answer Correct Answer: B [Tuberculosis] Notes:Indian President Droupadi Murmu is set to launch the Pradhan Mantri TB Mukt Bharat Abhiyan ‘Ni-kshay 2.0’ portal. The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has set a target for ..
1. The Union Environment Ministry approved the New Coastal Zone Management Plan for which state? [A] Kerala[B] Karnataka[C] Goa[D] Maharashtra Show Answer Correct Answer: B [Karnataka] Notes:Ministry of Forest, Environment and Climate Change recently approved the New Coastal Zone Management Plan for Karnataka. Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation for various works worth Rs ..
1. Which cities have joined the UNESCO Global Network of Learning Cities? [A] Warangal, Thrissur and Nilambur[B] Mysuru, Varanasi and Jaipur[C] Kochi, Mysuru and Varanasi[D] Kanchipuram, Dolavira and Mysuru Show Answer Correct Answer: A [Warangal, Thrissur and Nilambur] Notes:Warangal from Telangana and Thrissur and Nilambur from Kerala have joined the UNESCO Global Network of Learning ..
1. Liz Truss was named as the new Prime Minister of which country? [A] France[B] Australia[C] United Kingdom[D] Germany Show Answer Correct Answer: C [United Kingdom] Notes:Leader of the Conservative Party Liz Truss was named as the new Prime Minister of the United Kingdom. The 47-year old leaderbeat her rival, former finance minister Rishi Sunak ..
1. As per the latest figures from the IMF (September 2022), which country is the fifth largest economy in the world? [A] UK[B] India[C] France[D] Australia Show Answer Correct Answer: B [India] Notes:According to figures from the International Monetary Fund (IMF), India passed the United Kingdom (UK) to become the fifth-largest economy in the world ..