Current Affairs Quiz – September, 2013
1. Name the Indian environmentalist, who has been conferred this year’s prestigious “Clinton Global Citizen Awards”? [A]Ullas Karanth [B]Medha Patkar [C]Bunker Roy [D]Ila Bhat Bunker Roy Indian environmentalist Bunker Roy and Pakistan’s teenage education activist Malala Yousafai were declared the winner of prestigious “Clinton Global Citizens Award”. Roy is the founder of the Barefoot College, ..
1. Which of the following is called as “Gateway to Tiger Reserves” in India? [A]Mysore [B]Nagpur [C]Ranchi [D]Patna Nagpur Nagpur, Maharashtra’s second capital promoted as the “gateway to tiger reserve” as it is the entry point to 13 of the 39 tiger reserves in the country. Show Answer 2. In context to India’s defence structure ..
1. What is the name of powerful Typhoon which hit Philippines and Taiwan recently? [A]Typhoon Narghese [B]Typhoon Usagi [C]Typhoon Rambo [D]Typhoon Swift Typhoon Usagi Typhoon Usagi, the most powerful storm of this year, unleashed torrential rain and ferocious winds in Taiwan and Philippines. Usagi which means rabbit in Japanese packed winds of 165 km/h hits. ..
1. In which of the following places, union government decided to set up an “Information Technology Investment Region”? [A]Bangalore [B]Hyderabad [C]Bhopal [D]Panaji Hyderabad Central government has decided to set up an Information Technology Investment Region (ITIR) in Hyderabad. The cabinet committee on economic affairs chaired by Manmohan Singh, approved ITIR near Hyderabad subject to certain ..
1. Who among the following has been honoured with the Pride of the Nation award? [A]John Abraham [B]Akshay Kumar [C]Salman Khan [D]Saif Ali Khan John Abraham Bollywood actor John Abraham has been conferred the Pride of the Nation award for his attempt to raise the sensitive issue of former Prime Minister Rajiv Ghandi assassination through ..