Current Affairs Quiz – October, 2021
1. Which public sector unit has recently been accorded “Maharatna” status? [A] Power Finance Corporation[B] Airports Authority of India.[C] Bharat Dynamics Limited.[D] BEML Limited. Show Answer Correct Answer: A [Power Finance Corporation] Notes:The Central Government has accorded “Maharatna” status to Power Finance Corporation (PFC). PFC is the 11th state-owned entity to get the status, joining the ..
1. ‘Hamilton’s Object’ which was discovered recently, is associated with which field? [A] Physics[B] Space Science[C] Virology[D] Economics Show Answer Correct Answer: B [Space Science] Notes:From the images captured by the NASA/ESA Hubble Space Telescope, a team of astronomers led by Timothy Hamilton have discovered an unusual gravitational lensing configuration. Named as ‘Hamilton’s Object,’ it ..
1. The State Election Commission of which state is set to conduct India’s first dry run for “Voting through smart phone”? [A] Andhra Pradesh[B] Telangana[C] Karnataka[D] Kerala Show Answer Correct Answer: B [Telangana] Notes:The State Election Commission of Telangana is about to conduct a dry run of the voting using their smartphones. This trial has ..
1. What is the theme of the ‘World Post Day’ 2021? [A] Innovate to recover[B] Post to Connect[C] Communication during Covid[D] Post across the World Show Answer Correct Answer: A [Innovate to recover] Notes:World Post Day is celebrated each year on 9th of October to mark the anniversary of establishment of the Universal Postal Union in ..
1. High Ambition Coalition for Nature and People, was officially launched in which year? [A] 1984[B] 1992[C] 2000[D] 2021 Show Answer Correct Answer: D  Notes:The High Ambition Coalition for Nature and People (HAC) is an intergovernmental group, co-chaired by France and Costa Rica. Its objective is to support the adoption of a target to ..