Current Affairs Quiz – October, 2020
1. Which organisation has launched the facility to file NIL GST statement through SMS? [A] Finance Commission[B] GSTN[C] Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs[D] Central Board of Direct Taxes Show Answer Correct Answer: B [GSTN] Notes:The Goods and Services Tax Network (GSTN) has launched the facility, whereby composition tax payers can file NIL GST ..
1. Which airport is the first to launch ‘e-boarding facility’ for international passengers? [A] Mumbai International Airport[B] Hyderabad International Airport[C] Delhi International Airport[D] Cochin International Airport Show Answer Correct Answer: B [Hyderabad International Airport] Notes:Hyderabad International Airport has introduced contactless e-boarding facilities for international flyers, in addition to domestic passengers.It has become the first airport ..
1. When is the “UN treaty to ban nuclear weapons” expected to come in force? [A] December 2020[B] January 2021[C] March 2021[D] December 2021 Show Answer Correct Answer: B [January 2021] Notes:The United Nations Treaty on Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons was opened for signature at United Nations headquarters on 20th September 2017. Once 50 countries ..
1. The European Union has fixed a target for net Zero Carbon Emission by which year? [A] 2025[B] 2030[C] 2050[D] 2100 Show Answer Correct Answer: C  Notes:In a meeting held by the European Union (EU) environment ministers in Luxembourg, a law was formulated was signed to make European Union net zero carbon emitter by ..
1. The permanent campus of the Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar was inaugurated. In which state is the institution located? [A] Rajasthan[B] Punjab[C] Uttar Pradesh[D] Haryana Show Answer Correct Answer: B [Punjab] Notes:Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank has recently inaugurated the permanent campus of the Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar.IIT Ropar has featured in ..