Page-2 of Current Affairs Quiz – October, 2016
1. The first-ever International Conference on Voter Education has started in which country? [A]India [B]United States [C]United Kingdom [D]Bhutan Answer: IndiaNotes: The first-ever International Conference on Voter Education has started in New Delhi from October 20, 2016 and is organised by The Election Commission of India (ECI). The topic of the Conference is Voter Education ..
1. How much fund will be provided by World Bank to Bangladesh to fight child malnutrition? [A]$5 billion [B]$1 billion [C]$4 billion [D]$2 billion Answer: $1 billionNotes: The World Bank will provide US $1 billion aid to Bangladesh over the next three years to fight child malnutrition. The fund will support programmes to ensure sufficient ..
1. Who has won the 2016 Chinese Taipei Masters Men’s singles badminton tournament? [A]Sourabh Verma [B]P C Thulasi [C]Anand Yelegar [D]Sameer Verma Answer: Sourabh VermaNotes: Indian shuttler Sourbah Verma has clinched the 2016 Men’s singles Chinese Taipei Masters Badminton Grand Prix tournament in by defeating Malaysia’s Daren Liew in the final by 12–10, 12–10, 3–3 ..
1. Which committee has submitted its report on existence of Saraswati River to the Union Government? [A]M L Malaya committee [B]Bhagya Shree committee [C]N N Vohra committee [D]K S Valdiya committee Answer: K S Valdiya committeeNotes: The expert committee headed by Prof. KS Valdiya has submitted its report on existence of Saraswati River to the ..
1. Who has been elected as the new Secretary General of the United Nations? [A]Anibal Silva [B]Vitaly Antonio [C]Antonio Guterres [D]Matthew Rycroft Answer: Antonio GuterresNotes: Portugal’s ex-Prime Minister, Antonio Guterres has been officially appointed as the 9th UN secretary-general by the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA). For this, the 193 member states of the UNGA ..
1. The 2016 BRICS trade ministers has started in which city of India? [A]Udaipur [B]Indore [C]New Delhi [D]Lucknow Answer: New DelhiNotes: The 2016 BRICS trade ministers has started in New Delhi to discuss ways to further enhance economic cooperation. During the meeting, leaders of Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa will adopt the framework ..