Page-3 of Current Affairs Quiz – May, 2015
1. Which country is venue for the first ever Asian Youth Athletic Championship-2015? [A]Qatar [B]China [C]Jordan [D]Japan Answer: QatarNotes: Doha, Qatar is hosting the inaugural edition of the Asian Youth Athletic Championships. Youth Athletics Championships are open to athletes aged 17 or under, unlike Junior Athletics Championships, which are open to participants aged 19 or ..
1. In which state BHEL has commissioned Bijlee Utpadan’s thermal unit, recently? [A]Bihar [B]Uttarkhand [C]Odisha [D]Madhya Pradesh Answer: BiharNotes: BHEL has commissioned Bijlee Utpadan’s thermal unit in Bihar. This is the first 195 MW unit to be commissioned by Bhel at the 2×195 MW Muzaffarpur thermal power station. KBUNL is a joint venture of NTPC ..
1. What is the authorised capital of each Regional Rural Bank (RRB) as per the recent amendments in Regional Rural Bank (Amendment) Bill 2014? [A]500 [B]1000 [C]1500 [D]2000 Answer: 2000Notes: Parliament has passed Regional Rural Banks (Amendment) Bill, 2014. It was first passed in Lok Sabha on December 22, 2014 and later in Rajya Sabha ..
1. Which is the most widely used fuel-oxidiser combination in cryogenic rocket engines? [A]Liquid hydrogen and oxygen [B]Liquid hydrogen and nitrogen [C]Liquid nitrogen and oxygen [D]Liquid carbon dioxide and oxygen Answer: Liquid hydrogen and oxygenNotes: The combination of liquid hydrogen (LH2) fuel and the liquid oxygen (LOX) oxidizer is one of the most widely used ..
1. Which mission was launched by NASA to better understand the components of exoplanet? [A]NExSS [B]MExSS [C]XExSS [D]RExSS Answer: NExSSNASA launched the Nexus for Exoplanet System Science (NExSS) project to study the exoplanet. The project aims to better understand the various components of exoplanet, as well as how the parent stars and neighbouring planets might ..