Current Affairs Quiz – May, 2015
1. Who has become the youngest woman ever to be included on Forbes most powerful list? [A]Taylor Swift [B]Sofia Vergara [C]Oprah Winfrey [D]Mary Barra Answer: Taylor SwiftNotes: US based singer Taylor Swift has become the youngest woman ever to be included on Forbes most powerful list. She was ranked 65 on the Forbes most powerful ..
1. On which date International Day for Biodiversity is observed? [A]May 20 [B]May 21 [C]May 22 [D]May 23 Answer: May 22Notes: International Day for Biological Diversity is observed on 22 May every year. The United Nations has proclaimed May 22 as the International Day for Biological Diversity (IDB) to increase understanding and awareness of biodiversity ..
1. In which state India’s first Zinc fortified rice variety was launched, recently? [A]Bihar [B]West Bengal [C]Chhattisgarh [D]Uttar Pradesh Answer: ChhattisgarhNotes: Scientists in Chhattisgarh have developed a high zinc-enriched variety of rice. The new paddy seed, called “Chhattisgarh Zinc Rice-1”, the first zinc biofortified rice variety in India. The new variety is expected to play ..
1. Which of the following is the first North East state to achieve 100 percent success in implementing the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana? [A]Nagaland [B]Tripura [C]Meghalaya [D]Assam Answer: MeghalayaNotes: Meghalaya became the first state in India to achieve 100 percent success in implementing the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana. All households in the state ..
1. What is India’s ranking on Human Capital Index released on May 15, 2015? [A]56 [B]90 [C]100 [D]123 Answer: 100Notes: India has been ranked at 100 on Human Capital Index, which measures countries on development and deployment of human capital. Finland has topped the 124 nation list. Finland is followed by Norway, Switzerland, Canada, Japan, ..