Current Affairs Quiz – March, 2021
1. ‘Khelo India Scheme’ has been extended till which financial year? [A] 2022-23[B] 2023-24[C] 2024-25[D] 2025-26 Show Answer Correct Answer: D [2025-26] Notes:The Union Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju announced in Rajya Sabha that the ‘Khelo India Scheme’ has been extended from 2021-22 to 2025-26. An amount of Rs 8750 crore has been estimated for implemetation ..
1. What is the new limit of EPF contribution up to which interest would be tax exempt, as per the amendments made in the Finance Bill 2021? [A] Rs 3 lakhs[B] Rs 5 lakhs[C] Rs 7.5 lakhs[D] Rs 10 lakhs Show Answer Correct Answer: B [Rs 5 lakhs] Notes:Finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman has recently increased ..
1. Which institution is to assist the states/UTs in preparing the annual export ranking index of districts? [A] NITI Aayog[B] Commerce Ministry[C] Planning Commission[D] National Development Council Show Answer Correct Answer: B [Commerce Ministry] Notes:The Union Commerce and Industry Ministry announced that the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) will assist states and union territories ..
1. Which state shares a 510-kilometer border with Myanmar? [A] Assam[B] Mizoram[C] Manipur[D] Meghalaya Show Answer Correct Answer: B [Mizoram] Notes:Mizoram shares a 510-kilometer border with Myanmar. The Chief Minister of Mizoram Zoramthanga asked the Centre to grant political asylum to “political refugees” from Myanmar. Earlier, the Home Ministry had directed that State governments have ..
1. Which country is to conduct airborne radar surveys to estimate the thickness of Himalayan glaciers? [A] Nepal[B] India[C] Bangladesh[D] Russia Show Answer Correct Answer: B [India] Notes:India is set to conduct airborne radar surveys to estimate the thickness of Himalayan glaciers. A pilot study is to be conducted in Lahaul-Spiti basin of Himachal Pradesh. ..