Page-3 of Current Affairs Quiz – March, 2014
1. The “Bosporus Strait” is the world’s narrowest strait used for international navigation connects which of the following seas? [A]Black Sea and Mediterranean Sea [B]Black Sea and Sea of Marmara [C]Indian Ocean and Arabian Sea [D]Caspian Sea and Sea of Marmara Black Sea and Sea of Marmara The Bosporus strait also referred to sometimes as ..
1. The “Crimean Tatars” or Crimeans who are in news recently, are a Muslim ethnic group native to which country? [A]Russia [B]Ukraine [C]Romania [D]Turkey Ukraine The “Crimean Tatars” or Crimeans, are a Muslim ethnic group native to the Crimea in modern-day Ukraine. 2. In which among the following countries world’s largest salt pan “Salar de ..
1. Government has increased the number of workdays from 100 days to 150 days under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Programme (MGNREGA) for __: [A]SC and ST [B]Tribals with Forest Rights [C]Below Poverty Rural Households [D]All who are enrolled in the scheme Tribals with Forest Rights The government raised the workdays under its flagship ..
1. Which of the following countries are not members of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO)? 1. India 2. Kazakhstan 3. Pakistan 4. Tajikistan Chose the correct answer from the codes given below: [A]Only 1 & 2 [B]Only 2 & 3 [C]Only 1 & 3 [D]Only 2 & 4 Only 1 & 3 The Shanghai Cooperation ..
1. Which among the following countries has finished top in the medal tally in the recently concluded Sochi Winter Olympics? [A]USA [B]China [C]Russia [D]Japan Russia Host nation Russia finished on top of the medal table as the 22nd Winter Olympics came to close in Sochi. Russia won 33 medals in total to ensure they topped ..