Page-2 of Current Affairs Quiz – March, 2014
1. Who among the following will be named goodwill ambassadors of the 2014 Incheon Asian Games? [A]Abhinav Bindra [B]Rajavardhan Rathode [C]Sushil Kumar [D]Vikas Gowda Sushil Kumar Olympic bronze medallist wrestler Sushil Kumar and star archer Deepika Kumari will be named goodwill ambassador of the 2014 Incheon Asian Games. 2. The “Saint Helena Island” located in ..
1. The Hutti and Uti mines in India are famous for __? [A]Uranium [B]Gold [C]Bauxite [D]Coal Gold India has only three major working gold mines-Hutti and Uti (both in Karnataka) along with the Hirabuddini mines in Jharkhand. 2. The Humboldt Current is a cold, low salinity ocean current which has considerable cooling influence on the ..
1. The proposed Good & Services Tax (GST) will subsume which among the following taxes? 1. Income Tax 2. Sales Tax 3. Excise Duty 4. Value Added Tax Choose the correct option: [A]1 & 2 [B]2 & 3 [C]2, 3, & 4 [D]2 & 4 2, 3, & 4 Many central and state taxes such ..
1. With reference to elections in India, how many delimitation commissions have been set up so far to redraw the boundaries of various assembly and Lokasabha constituencies? [A] Two [B] Three [C] Four [D] Five FourDelimitation commissions have been set up four times in the past in 1952, 1963, 1973 and 2002 under Delimitation Commission ..
1. Which among the following is / are primary conditions to be fulfilled by a person who wishes to contest the Lok Sabha elections? 1. He / she must be more than 25 years old 2. He / she must be a member of a political party 3. He / she must be registered as ..