Current Affairs Quiz – June, 2014
1. Recently, Pankaj Advani created the history by becoming the first player in the world to win titles in the long and shorter formats of both billiards and snookers. The championship was held in ___? [A]Egypt [B]Israel [C]China [D]Russia Egypt Indian cueist Pankaj Advani created the history by becoming the first player in the world ..
1. The Pangsau Pass in Arunachal Pradesh offers boarder trade between India and ___? [A]China [B]Myanmar [C]Bhutan [D]Bangladesh Myanmar Pangsau Pass lies on the crest of the Patkai Hills on the India-Burma border. The pass offers one of the easiest routes into Myanmar from the Assam plains. 2. Which among the following states will host ..
1. Recently, the power ministry has set up a seven-member panel called “Advisory Group for Integrated Development of Power, Coal and Renewable Energy” to look into issues related power sector. The chairman of the advisory group is _____? [A]Suresh Prabhu [B]Pratyush Sinha [C]Anil Baijal [D]Partha S Bhattacharya Suresh Prabhu The power ministry has set up ..
1. Recently, which among the following Indian Airliners has joined global airline body Star Alliance? [A]Air India [B]GoAir [C]IndiGo [D]Jet Airways Air India National carrier Air India joined global airline body Star Alliance, a move expected to give a boost to the loss making carrier’s revenue and international presence. The formal induction will take place ..
1. The “Salar Jung Museum”, which has turned 125 years of foundation recently, is in ____? [A]Mumbai [B]Pune [C]Hyderabad [D]Kolkata Hyderabad The Salar Jung Museum is an art museum located on the southern bank of the Musi river in the city of Hyderabad. It is one of the three National Museums of India. 2. Who ..