Page-2 of Current Affairs Quiz – July, 2012
1. Recently ‘Kulandei Francis’ of India has been chosen for the Ramon Magsaysay Award for the year 2012 under which among the following categories? [A]Community leadership [B]Public Service [C]Journalism, Literature, and the Creative Communication Arts [D]Peace and International understanding Community leadership Established in 1957, the Ramon Magsaysay Award is Asia’s highest honour, and is named ..
1. Who among the following has been appointed as the new CEO of Yahoo! ? [A]Marissa Mayer [B]Shelley Broader [C]Karen Kinsley [D]Dianne Craig Marissa Mayer Show Answer 2. Who among the following has become the fifth president of Mauritius? [A]Anerood Jugnauth [B]Rajkeshwur Purryag [C]Navin Chandra Ramgoolam [D]Monique Ohsan Bellepeau Rajkeshwur Purryag Show Answer 3. Who ..
1. The RBI Governor,D.Subbarao has proposed ‘Producer Price Index (PPI)’ for measuring Inflation instead of WPI and CPI because: 1.The present structure of measuring inflation (WPI and CPI) and does not capture the price movement of services. 2.WPI is a hybrid of consumer and producer price quotes. 3.PPI measures price changes from the perspective of ..
1. Which international forum is also known as ‘Outreach Five(O5)’? [A]G8+5 [B]BRICS [C]Mercosur [D]Permanent members of UN Security Council G8+5 Lately, both France and the United Kingdom have expressed a desire to expand the group to include five developing countries, referred to as the Outreach Five (O5) or the Plus Five: Brazil, People’s Republic of ..
1. People affected by the ___________ have recently launched an indefinite ‘ Jal Satyagraha ’ against the Madhya Pradesh government’s decision of filling up the dam up to a height of 193 meters. [A]Bansagar Dam Project [B]Omkareshwar Dam Project [C]Indirasagar Dam Project [D]Gandhisagar Dam Project Omkareshwar Dam Project Show Answer 2. After a year of ..