Current Affairs Quiz – July, 2015
1. Which of the following cities has been named as the World Book Capital for 2017? [A]Conakry [B]Paris [C]Brussels [D]Frankfurt Answer: ConakryNotes: Conakry, the capital of the Republic of Guinea, has been named as the World Book Capital for 2017 by United Nations Organization for Education, Science and Culture (UNESCO) in Paris. Conakry is the ..
1. Recently, which of the following auto makers launched its first compact SUV named Creta in India? [A]Toyota [B]Maruti Suzuki [C]Tata Motors [D]Hyundai Answer: HyundaiNotes: The South-Korean car maker, Hyundai launched its Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) Creta in India in both diesel and petrol variants. The 1.6 litre petrol versions of the SUV are priced ..
1. Amélie Mauresmo, who has been recently inducted in the International Tennis Hall of Fame; belongs to which of the following countries? [A]France [B]Italy [C]Spain [D]Portugal Answer: France Notes: Recently, Amélie Mauresmo (former World No. 1 tennis player of France) is inducted into the International Tennis Hall of Fame. In her career, she won two ..
1. As per the recent land swap deal between India and Bangladesh, what is the number of enclaves which India has to transfer to Bangladesh?[A]51[B]82[C]111[D]117Answer: 111According to the recent land swap deal between India and Bangladesh, India will transfer 111 enclaves to Bangladesh, while Bangladesh will transfer 51 enclaves to India. As per the 2011 ..
1. Who has been appointed as chairman of Narmada Valley Development Authority (NVDA)? [A]Rakesh Sahni [B]Pradeep Sharma [C]Kiran Takur [D]Navin Chandra Answer: Rakesh SahniNotes: Rakesh Sahni, former Chief Secretary of Madhya Pradesh government was appointed former as the Chairman of Narmada Valley Development Authority (NVDA). 2. The union government has approved Transit Oriented Development (TOD) ..