Page-3 of Current Affairs Quiz – January, 2020
1. Which Indian entrepreneur was recently honoured with the Australia’s highest civilian honour,‘Order of Australia’? [A] Anand Mahindra[B] Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw[C] Azim Premji[D] Uday Kotak Show Answer Correct Answer: B [Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw] Notes:The Founder and Chairperson of the famous Bio-technology company Biocon, Kiran Mazumdar Shaw was recently honoured with the Australia’s highest civilian honour, ‘Order of ..
1. Which major tech-company recently announced that it has planned to cut more than half of carbon emissions across its supply chain, by 2030? [A] Google[B] Microsoft[C] Infosys[D] IBM Show Answer Correct Answer: B [Microsoft] Notes:The Chief Executive of Microsoft Corporation, Satya Nadella recently announced that the company has set a new ambition to address ..
1. According to the recent study conducted by the Swiss bank Julius Baer, which is the most expensive city of the world for luxury goods? [A] Mumbai[B] Hong Kong[C] New York[D] Singapore Show Answer Correct Answer: B [Hong Kong] Notes:The Swiss Bank Julius Baer has recently conducted a study on the 28 cities around the ..
1. When is the Army Day celebrated across India, every year? [A] January 13[B] January 14[C] January 15[D] January 16 Show Answer Correct Answer: C [January 15] Notes:Army Day is celebrated every year on January 15, across the country to honour the contributions made by the soldiers to the country. The 72nd Army day was ..
1. Which Indian monument has found place in the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation’s ‘8 Wonders of SCO’ list? [A] Taj Mahal[B] Statue of Unity[C] Konark Sun Temple[D] Ajanta Caves Show Answer Correct Answer: B [Statue of Unity] Notes:The recently built monument of Gujarat, ‘Statue of Unity’ was recently included in the ‘8 Wonders of SCO’ list ..