Page-2 of Current Affairs Quiz – January, 2020
1. When is the International Day of Education observed every year ? [A] January 21[B] January 24[C] February 21[D] February 24 Show Answer Correct Answer: B [January 24] Notes:January 24 is observed as the International Day of Education every year by UNESCO. It celebrates the role of education for Development and Peace. The theme for ..
1. Hassan Diab, who was seen in news recently, is the Prime Minister of which country? [A] Israel[B] Jordan[C] Syria[D] Lebanon Show Answer Correct Answer: D [Lebanon] Notes:Lebanon formed a new government recently under Prime Minister Hassan Diab amidst various economic and political crises. The country remained without an effective government, after the former Prime ..
1. Which is the most polluted city in India, according to Greenpeace India’s recent report? [A] Gurugram[B] Jharia[C] Lucknow[D] Noida Show Answer Correct Answer: B [Jharia] Notes:According to the recent report released by the environmental NGO Greenpeace India, Jharia, a city in Jharkhand is the most polluted city in India, which is followed by Dhanbad ..
1. What is India’s GDP growth rate for the current fiscal, as estimated by the International Monetary Fund (IMF)? [A] 5.2 %[B] 5.0 %[C] 4.8 %[D] 4.6 % Show Answer Correct Answer: C [4.8 %] Notes:The International Monetary Fund (IMF) decreased India’s GDP growth forecast to 4.8 per cent for this fiscal year, which is ..
1. Which famous International Tennis tournament is held in the month of January, every year? [A] US Open[B] Australian Open[C] French Open[D] Wimbledon Show Answer Correct Answer: B [Australian Open] Notes:The Australian Open tournament is the first of the four Grand Slam tennis tournaments held every year, before the French Open, Wimbledon and the US ..