Page-3 of Current Affairs Quiz – January, 2017
1. The 2017 Dantan Gramin Mela has started in which of the following states? [A]West Bengal [B]Mizoram [C]Assam [D]Chhattisgarh Answer: West BengalNotes: President Pranab Mukherjee has inaugurated the 28th edition of Dantan Gramin Mela in West Midnapore district in West Bengal in a few hours time on January 19, 2017. He is on a 4-day ..
1. Which Indian cricketer has been inducted into Legends Club “Hall of Fame”? [A]Kapil Dev [B]Nari Contractor [C]Sunil Gavaskar [D]Ajit Wadekar Answer: Kapil DevNotes: Kapil Dev, the Cricket icon and former Indian skipper, has been inducted into Legends Club ‘Hall of Fame’ at the Cricket Club of India in Mumbai, Maharashtra. He was presented with ..
1. How much loan amount has been sanctioned by World Bank (WB) for “Nagaland Health Project”? [A]$58 million [B]$68 million [C]$88 million [D]$48 million Answer: $48 millionNotes: The Indian government has recently signed a financing agreement with World Bank (WB) for $48 million for Nagaland Health Project. The heath project will directly benefit about 600,000 ..
1. “Digital Dakiya” scheme has been launched in which state government to encourage cashless transactions? [A]Madhya Pradesh [B]Rajasthan [C]Odisha [D]Assam Answer: Madhya PradeshNotes: The Madhya Pradesh government has recently launched “Digital Dakiya or Digital Postman” scheme in Indore district to encourage cashless transactions. It is first of its kind scheme in India in which Digital ..
1. Who has been appointed as the new chairman of Tata Sons? [A]Natarajan Chandrasekaran [B]Noel Tata [C]Indra Krishnamurthy [D]Nowroji Saklatwala Answer: Natarajan ChandrasekaranNotes: Natarajan Chandrasekaran, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Managing Director (MD) of TCS, has been appointed as the new chairman of Tata Sons. He’ll be first non-Parsi chairman of Tata Sons and ..