Page-3 of Current Affairs Quiz – January, 2016
1. Who has honoured with the Danny Kaye Humanitarian Leadership award? [A]Sachin Tendulkar [B]David Beckham [C]Tiger Woods [D]Sania Mirza Answer: David Beckham The former England football captain, David Beckham has been honoured with the Danny Kaye Humanitarian Leadership award at the sixth edition of the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) Ball in Los Angeles for ..
1. Which of the following panels has been set up to study 7th Pay Commission’s recommendations? [A]N K Mittal panel [B]M Raghuveer panel [C]P K Sinha panel [D]K Kishore panel Answer: P K Sinha panel Recently, the union government has set up a high-powered panel headed by Cabinet Secretary P K Sinha to process the ..
1. In which Indian state, the Nati folk dance is celebrated? [A]Andhra Pradesh [B]Rajasthan [C]Himachal Pradesh [D]Karnataka Answer: Himachal Pradesh The Nati folk dance of Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh had made it to the Guinness World Records Book as the largest folk dance in the world. Kullu Dussehra is a centuries-old festival i.e. dedicated ..
Question Category: Sports GK
1. Maria Teresa de Filippis, who passed away recently, was related to which sports? [A]Rugby [B]Formula One racing [C]Tennis [D]Basketball Answer: Formula One racing The first female Formula One driver, Maria Teresa de Filippis (89) passed away in Italy. She is the first woman to compete in a world championship Formula One grand prix, but ..
Question Category: Important Days and Dates
1. which of the following organisations publishes the report titled “Global Economic Perspectives”? [A]OECD [B]WTO [C]IMF [D]World Bank Answer: World Bank According to the recently released World Bank (WB) report titled “Global Economic Prospect”, Indian economy growth rate is projected at 7.8%in the Financial Year (FY)17, while it’s outlook for China’s growth in 2016 is ..