Current Affairs Quiz – February, 2016
1. Who has been elected as the new President of FIFA? [A]Sheikh Salman [B]Prince Ali [C]Jerome Champagne [D]Gianni Infantino Answer: Gianni InfantinoNotes: The Swiss-Italian football administrator Gianni Infantino has become the new President of FIFA, the world football’s governing body. He succeeded Sepp Blatter. 2. Who has been chosen for the Dinanath Mangeshkar award? [A]Manoj ..
1. What is the name of the recently launched India’s first electric scooter? [A]I667 [B]P474 [C]S340 [D]A999 Answer: S340Notes: Ather Energy, a Bengaluru based hardware start up, has launched the India’s first electric scooter “S340”. The scooter covers the distance of 60 Km in one single charge and have Lithium Ion battery pack IP67. As ..
1. The Bhadla Solar Park is located in which state? [A]Rajasthan [B]Gujarat [C]Tamil Nadu [D]Maharashtra Answer: RajasthanNotes: The NTPC’s Bhadla Solar Park is located near Jodhpur in Rajasthan. 2. Which country will host 2016 Asia Ministerial Conference on Tiger Conservation? [A]Vietnam [B]Thailand [C]India [D]Cambodia Answer: IndiaNotes: India will host the third edition of Asia Ministerial ..
1. Which film has bagged the 2016 Berlin film festival’s Golden Bear award? [A]Death in Sarajevo [B]Fuocoammare [C]Ottaal [D]A Separation Answer: FuocoammareNotes: Italian documentary film Fuocoammare ( Fire at Sea) has won the Golden Bear, the top award at the 66th Berlin International Film Festival 2016 held in Berlin, Germany. The film is a harrowing ..
1. Which committee has been set up to examine the quota demand for the Jat community in central government jobs? [A]Arun Jaitely committee [B]Rajnath Singh committee [C]Venkaiah Naidu committee [D]Abhimanyu committee Answer: Venkaiah Naidu committeeNotes: The Union Government has set up a committee headed by Union Minister M. Venkaiah Naidu to look into demand of ..