Current Affairs Quiz – February, 2015
1. Attukal Pongal festival, which is figured in Guinness Book of World Records is celebrated in __? [A]Tamil Nadu [B]Kerala [C]Telangana [D]Goa Answer: KeralaNotes: Attukal Pongal festival is a famous festival in Kerala. The festival was figured in the Guinness Book of World Records for being the largest single gathering of women for a religious ..
1. The ‘Friends for Life” – an elephant conservation project has been launched by World Wide Fund for Nature India and __? [A]Aditya Birla Group [B]Muthoot Group [C]Manapuram Group [D]Reliance Ltd Answer: Muthoot GroupNotes: The Muthoot Group, one of India’s leading business conglomerates and World Wide Fund for Nature- India (WWF-India) has launched ‘Friends for ..
1. Louis Jordan, who passed away recently (February 2015), was a famous ____? [A]Author [B]Photographer [C]Actor [D]Journalist Answer: ActorNotes: Louis Jourdan was French actor. His best known Hollywood movies are – The Paradine Case (1947), Letter from an Unknown Woman (1948), Gigi (1958), The Best of Everything (1959), The V.I.P.s (1963) and Octopussy (1983). 2. ..
1. Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched? [A]Kunal Bahl & Rohit Bansal- Snapdeal [B]Sachin Bansal & Binny Bansal- Red Bus [C]Deepinder goyal & Pankaj Chaddah – Zomato [D]Bhavish Aggarwal & Ankit Bhati – Ola Cab Answer: Sachin Bansal & Binny Bansal- Red BusNotes: Sachin Bansal & Binny Bansal founded the E-Commerce ..
1. Which among the following states has maximum number of Special Economic Zones (SEZ) in February 2015? [A]Karnataka [B]Andhra Pradesh [C]Tamil Nadu [D]Telangana Answer: Tamil NaduNotes: As of now 196 special economic zones are operating in the country. Tamil Nadu with 36 has maximum SEZs, followed by Maharashtra and Karnataka (25 each) and Telangana (24). ..