Page-4 of Current Affairs Quiz – December, 2016
1. Antonio Guterres, who has been sworn-in as the new Secretary General of the United Nations, is the former Prime Minister of which country? [A]Portugal [B]Singapore [C]Malaysia [D]New Zealand Answer: PortugalNotes: Antonio Guterres, the former Prime Minister of Portugal, has been sworn-in as the 9th Secretary General of the United Nations. Guterres, who led the ..
1. “100 Million for 100 Million” campaign for child rights has been launched by whom? [A]Pranab Mukherjee [B]Narendra Modi [C]Maneka Gandhi [D]Raj Nath Singh Answer: Pranab MukherjeeNotes: President Pranab Mukherjee has launched a “100 Million for 100 Million” campaign organized by the Kailash Satyarthi Children’s Foundation at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi. The campaign is ..
1. The world’s largest seating capacity cricket stadium will come up in which state of India ? [A]Gujarat [B]West Bengal [C]Karnataka [D]Tamil Nadu Answer: GujaratNotes: The Sardar Patel Cricket Stadium in Ahmedabad, popularly known as Motera Stadium, is set to become the world’s largest seating capacity cricket stadium. The Gujarat Cricket Association (GCA) has handed ..
1. Who has been named as the Time magazine’s Person of the Year 2016? [A]Donald Trump [B]Mark Zuckerberg [C]Narendra Modi [D]Hillary Clinton Answer: Donald TrumpNotes: US President-elect Donald Trump has named by Time magazine as its Person of the Year 2016 for his stunning victory in the US Presidential election. 2. The 2016 India-Arab Partnership ..
1. The Armed Forces Flag Day is celebrated on which day in India? [A]December 7 [B]December 6 [C]December 8 [D]December 9 Answer: December 7Notes: The Armed Forces Flag Day is celebrated annually in India on December 7 to honour the sacrifices of brave soldiers, airmen and sailors of India. The day is dedicated towards collection ..