Page-2 of Current Affairs Quiz – December, 2016
1. Who has been selected for the prestigious 2016 Jnanpith Award? [A]Kedarnath Singh [B]Ravuri Bharadhwaja [C]Chandrashekhara Kambara [D]Shankha Ghosh Answer: Shankha GhoshNotes: Shankha Ghosh, the well-known Bengali poet, critic and academician, has been selected for the prestigious 52nd edition of the Jnanpith Award (2016) by the Government of India (GoI) for his poetic idiom and ..
1. Which of the following islands in India was once named “New Denmark”? [A]Salsatte Island [B]Elephanta Island [C]Lakshadweep [D]Andaman & Nicobar Island Answer: Andaman & Nicobar IslandNotes: In 1759, the Nicobar Islands were made a Danish colony, first named New Denmark and later as Frederick’s Islands. 2. Which of the following communities has become the ..
1. Which famous personality has topped the 2016 Forbes India celebrity 100 List? [A]Virat Kohli [B]Chetan Bhagat [C]Salman Khan [D]Priyanka Chopra Answer: Salman KhanNotes: Bollywood superstar Salman Khan has been ranked first on the 2016 Forbes India Celebrity 100 List with an estimated income of Rs 270.33 crore. The Forbes’ ranking is based on two ..
1. Consider the following statements: a) Virat Kohli has declared the ICC Cricketer of the Year 2016. b) Ravichandran Ashwin has been named the ICC?Test cricketer of the Year 2016. Which of the following statements is/are true? [A]Only a [B]Only b [C]Both a & b [D]None of the above Answer: Only bNotes: Indian off-spinner Ravichandran ..
1. Who of the following has won the BBC sports personality of the Year 2016? [A]Andy Murray [B]Alistair Brownlee [C]Kate Richardson [D]Nick Skelton Answer: Andy MurrayNotes: Andy Murray, a Scottish professional tennis player, has won the BBC sports personality of the Year 2016 at the Genting Arena in Birmingham, England. With this, he became the ..