Current Affairs Quiz – December, 2015
1. Haskell Wexler, who passed away recently, was related to which of the following fields? [A]Cricketer [B]Politician [C]Scientist [D]Cinematographer Answer: Cinematographer The Oscar-winning cinematographer and documentary filmmaker, Haskell Wexler (93) passed away in California, USA. He was best known for his work in films like Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s ..
1. Shiva Keshavan is related to which of the following sports? [A]Rugby [B]Luge [C]Polo [D]Table Tennis Answer: Luge Recently, the Indian luger, Shiva Keshavan has clinched a silver medal at the 2015 Asian Luge Championship held in Nagano, Japan. The first place was grabbed by Japan’s Hidenari Kanayama and the third place is grabbed by ..
1. Which of the following companies has launched contactless digital payment wallet – MoboMoney? [A]Vodafone [B]Paytm [C]Tech Mahindra [D]Airtel Answer: Tech Mahindra Tech Mahindra has launched the ‘MoboMoney’, a first of its kind ‘Tap N Pay’ contactless digital payment solution for the Indian masses. MoboMoney is a prepaid wallet issued in the form of a ..
1. Which of the following new method is introduced by the RBI to calculate banks lending rate to borrowers? [A]OCLR [B]MCLR [C]IMLR [D]PSLR Answer: MCLR To ensure better transmission of its rate cut to borrowers, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has introduced the Marginal Cost of Funds based Lending Rate (MCLR) to calculate the ..
1. Anwesha scheme is launched by which of the following state governments? [A]Karnataka [B]Odisha [C]Telangana [D]Andhra Pradesh Answer: Odisha Recently, the Odisha Government has launched Anwesha scheme to provide free education to SC/ST students from remote areas in urban area public schools. As per the scheme, every year 5000 children from backward castes will pursue ..