Page-2 of Current Affairs Quiz – December, 2014
1. Who among the following is the chairman of the Expenditure Management Commission that has been constituted to recommend major expenditure reforms? [A]Bimal Jalan [B]Subir Gokarn [C]B V Reddy [D]C D Deshmukh Bimal Jalan Former Reserve Bank governor Bimal Jalan is the head of the Expenditure Management Commission. The Commission is expected to recommend major ..
1. Rolene Strauss, who has been crowned as the 64th Miss World-2014, represents which one of the following countries? [A]Mauritius [B]USA [C]South Africa [D]Switzerland South Africa Rolene Strauss representing South Africa has been crowned as the 64th Miss World in 2014. 2. Palkonda Hills are a range of hills that form a structural part of ..
1. Which among the following countries has recently hit by the powerful Typhoon Hugpit? [A]Indonesia [B]Philippines [C]Netherland [D]Thailand Philippines 2. Chunibhai Vidya, who passed away, recently was a ____? [A]Freedom Fighter [B]Author [C]Scientist [D]Poet Freedom Fighter Chunibhai Vidya is a veteran Gandhian and Sarvodaya leader. Popularly known as Chuni Kaka, Vaidya was a close disciple ..
1. Recently, the union government has said 175 essential drugs have been brought under the price control regime. With this decision the total number of drugs which are under price control mechanism has been raised to ____? [A]545 [B]675 [C]615 [D]710 615 615 essential drugs have been brought under price control mechanism. 175 essential drugs ..
1. Which among the following is world’s largest Mangrove forest? [A]Sundarbans [B]Pichavaram [C]Bhitarkanika [D]Malayan Peninsula mangroves Sundarbans Sundarbans – a UNESCO-listed World Heritage Site. Sundrban has world’s largest mangrove forest which is home to wide range of fauna, including 260 bird species, the Bengal tiger and other threatened species such as the estuarine crocodile and ..