Current Affairs Quiz – December, 2013
1. With which one of the following countries India has signed deal for Super Hercules aircraft, recently? [A]Japan [B]USA [C]Russia [D]Italy USA India and USA have inked another mega contract, the $1.01 billion one for six additional C-130J “Super Hercules” aircraft. As per the deal six new four-engine C-130J will be delivered within three years ..
1. The BCCI’s lifetime achievement award for the year 2013 will be conferred upon___? [A]Mohammad Azharuddin [B]Kapil Dev [C]Sunil Gavaskar [D]Sachin Tendulkar Kapil Dev India’s first world cup winning captain Kapil Dev will be conferred the Col C K Nayudu lifetime achievement award for the year 2013. The award comprises a trophy, citation and a ..
1. According to World Health Organisation (WHO), which is the most polluted city in the world? [A]Lucknow, Indian [B]Beijing, China [C]Mexico City, Mexico [D]Tokyo, Japan Mexico City, Mexico Mexico City has held the dubious distinction for at least four years in a row. 2. Pran Chopra, who passed away recently, was a ___? [A]Journalist [B]Photographer ..
1. Who among the following has won the women’s title at Senior National Badminton Championships? [A]Saina Nehwal [B]P V Sindhu [C]Ashwini Ponnappa [D]Maneesha K P V Sindhu P V Sindhu and Kidambi Srikanth won the women’s and men’s titles respectively, at the 78th Senior National Badminton Championships. World Championship bronze medallist Sindhu won her second ..
1. Recently, Mary T Barra was named the first woman chief executive of which auto major company? [A]Ford [B]General Motors [C]Toyota [D]Chrysler General Motors General Motors named Mary T Barra as its first woman CEO, to succeed Dan Akerson, who retires in January. Barra appoint is also the first in US industry. 2. What is ..
1. Which among the following is the major aim of the “Perform Achieve Trade (PAT)” scheme? [A]To reduce energy consumption in industries [B]To improve export of agriculture products [C]To minimise the Greenhouse gas emission [D]To reduce the energy wastage in industries To reduce energy consumption in industries The Perform Achieve Trade is a trading scheme ..