Current Affairs Quiz – August
1. Recently, on which bank has RBI imposed a penalty of Rs 1 crore? [A] Cooperatieve Rabobank UA[B] Ahmednagar Merchant’s Cooperative Bank[C] Mahila Vikas Co-operative Bank[D] Durgapur Steel Peoples Cooperative Bank Show Answer Correct Answer: A [Cooperatieve Rabobank UA] Notes:Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on August 12, 2021 has imposed a penalty of Rs 1 ..
1. India’s National Institute of Ocean Technology has signed an agreement with which organization to develop Research Moored Array for African-Asian-Australian Monsoon Analysis and Prediction? [A] National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration[B] National Weather Service[C] Weather Underground[D] Accuweather Show Answer Correct Answer: A [National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration] Notes:Indian and American bodies have signed an agreement ..
1. What is India’s rank in the Global Youth Development Index? [A] 122[B] 121[C] 120[D] 131 Show Answer Correct Answer: A  Notes:India is ranked 122nd on a new Global Youth Development Index measuring the condition of young people across 181 countries, released by the Commonwealth Secretariat in London on 10th August, 2021. Singapore ranked ..
1. Commodore Kasaragod Patnashetti Gopal Rao, passed away recently. In which year was he awarded the Mahavir Chakra? [A] 1971[B] 1972[C] 1970[D] 1973 Show Answer Correct Answer: A  Notes:1971 war hero Commodore Kasaragod Patnashetti Gopal Rao dies at 94. Commodore Kasaragod Patnashetti Gopal Rao, a 1971 war hero and recipient of the Mahavir Chakra ..
1. Recently, which organization has inducted its first women officers in combat? [A] Central Industrial Security Force[B] Indo-Tibetan Border Police[C] Central Reserve Police Force[D] National Security Guard Show Answer Correct Answer: B [Indo-Tibetan Border Police] Notes:Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) has inducted its first women officers in combat. On 8th August, 2021 ITBP commissioned its first ..