Page-4 of Current Affairs Quiz – August, 2020
1. The 75th anniversary of which event was observed on August 6, 2020 across the world? [A] First Atomic Bomb attack[B] First World War[C] Second World War[D] First Landing on Moon Show Answer Correct Answer: A [First Atomic Bomb attack] Notes:On August 6, seventy-five years ago, the world’s first nuclear weapon used in wartime was ..
1. Which country has witnessed a massive blast that occurred by explosives stored at a port? [A] Australia[B] Lebanon[C] France[D] Germany Show Answer Correct Answer: B [Lebanon] Notes:As per the Health Minister of Lebanon, at least 137 people were killed and more than 5000 people were wounded in a massive blast by seized explosives stored ..
1. What is the name of the book that has been released with essays on Swachh Bharat Mission? [A] Swachh Bharat Kranti[B] SBM Chronicles[C] Swachh Bharat Kitab[D] Swachh Bharat Records Show Answer Correct Answer: A [Swachh Bharat Kranti] Notes:Union Minister of Jal Shakti, Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, and Union Minister of Textiles and Women & Child ..
1. Which Indian journalist has been named the winner of Prem Bhatia Award for political reporting? [A] Dipankar Ghose[B] Ravish Kumar[C] Siddharth Varadarajan[D] Malini Parthasarathy Show Answer Correct Answer: A [Dipankar Ghose] Notes:Indian journalist and Special Correspondent of the Indian Express Dipankar Ghose has won the Prem Bhatia Award for political reporting. He covered various ..
1. Mahatma Gandhi Setu (bridge), that was seen in news, is located in which state? [A] West Bengal[B] Bihar[C] Gujarat[D] Uttarakhand Show Answer Correct Answer: B [Bihar] Notes:Union Minister for Road Transport, Highways Nitin Gadkari inaugurated the upstream lane of Mahatma Gandhi bridge, through video conference. The 5.5 km four lane bridge is built over ..
1. Which financial institution has launched the ‘MSME Saksham’ portal, in association with TransUnion CIBIL? [A] SIDBI[B] RBI[C] NABARD[D] NHB Show Answer Correct Answer: A [SIDBI] Notes:The Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) has launched a knowledge portal named ‘MSME Saksham’, in association with TransUnion CIBIL. The comprehensive financial education and knowledge platform will ..